Every property owner hates it when the asphalt they laid with so much love and consideration loses its glory. That once shiny asphalt parking lot is now faded, dreary, and possibly cracked in more places than you can imagine, and it will eventually start turning off your customers!
This is where sealcoating comes in. Not only is this protective layering method a cheaper alternative to laying your asphalt anew, but it also saves you precious time and resources.
Keep reading to learn about the various benefits of sealcoating your asphalt lot.
5 Benefits of Sealcoating Your Asphalt Parking Lot
1. It Saves You Money!
Sealcoating your asphalt will save you a lot of money over time. This protective layer will protect your asphalt lot from long-term damages, which could result in costly repairs and renovations.
2. Makes Your Pavement Look Good as New!
No matter the kind of sealer you have picked, the process of sealcoating leaves your asphalt looking almost as good as new. You will cherish the brand-new feeling emanating from your pavement as if you just laid brand new asphalt.
3. Protects Against Wear and Tear
Sealcoating will safeguard your pavement from the elements – including UV rays, oil spills, etc. – and thus wear and tear. Whether you drive a heavy vehicle like a truck or a compact convertible, your asphalt lot will likely undergo some depletion. However, a sealer may help slow down the process of asphalt erosion over time.
4. Boost Your Pavement’s Life Span
Due to its protective qualities, sealcoating will extend the life span of your asphalt parking lot. The process is no different from saving it from depletion, which contributes to prolonging the life expectancy of your pavement.
5. Protects Against Water Penetration
Water is asphalt’s worst enemy. If it seeps into your parking lot surface, it will eventually start destroying your pavement from within due to the freeze-thaw cycle. Sealcoating protects your asphalt from water penetration.
Some Important Considerations
Before you schedule sealcoating for your pavement, you need to remember the following:
- Depending on your asphalt layering, the type of sealer may vary. These can range from acrylic sealers, coal tar sealers, asphalt emulsion sealers, and more.
- Site prep is essential before sealcoating. If dirt or debris is covering your parking lot, it will prevent the sealcoat from adhering to the pavement.
- Make sure to check the weather. Sealcoating should only be done on warm days and needs at least 24 hours to dry. So, make sure there is no rain expected!
As you can see, there are numerous benefits to sealcoating your asphalt parking lot regularly. It not only saves you money and time, but it also enhances the life expectancy and appearance of your asphalt lot.
To cater to your sealcoating needs, Bay Country Contractors serving Brandywine, MD, bring their years of experience and team of experts to the table. Let us take care of all your asphalt needs (and more) today!